Página no encontrada - Joyería Grassy

es_ES

Buscar
Contacto Contacto
Mi Cuenta Mi cuenta
Carrito
Pasar al contenido principal Pasar al pie de página

MENÚ

History

To understand the relationship between Grassy and Rolex it is imperative to know the history of Alexandre Grassy, the founder of the jewellery.

Born in a family of Milanese goldsmiths with shops in Biarritz, Rio de Janeiro and in Paris on Avenue Matignon. He was especially fond of both mechanisms and accuracy of manual machineries, which fascinated him.

The first jewellery in Madrid was a store- workshop on Infantas Street. Some years later, in 1923, he moved to a two floors shop in Gran Vía 29 where more than 50 watchmakers worked with him. He also was the person who introduced the most important watch brands into Spain, most of them unknown in this country in those years.

In 1953 he opens in Gran Vía, 1 in the emblematic building where the shop stands nowadays.
Jirka Reznak, Alexandre’s son in law, joins the company in 1959 and begins a new stage of development and economic expansion, point of reference for watch lovers.

Grassy becomes Rolex official dealer in Madrid In 1967. Since then, the history of both Grassy and Rolex has developed hand-in-hand for more than 50 years.

In 2005 Rolex joins Grassy in José Ortega y Gasset, 17, to complete the excellent watch selection.

For such special relationship there must be a special environment. The superb rotunda in Gran Vía 1 is one of the most spectacular Rolex spaces in the world. Launched in 2009 with an installation by the artist Eugenio Ampudia in which he pretended the building to be in fire.

It was fully refurbished in 2017 so as to commemorate the 50 years of Grassy-Rolex relationship and during the jubilee days anyone could enjoy the exceptional exhibition “50 windows for a story”.